Who we are
Barnabas Missions Unlimited, incorporated in 1991 as a non-profit tax-exempt religious organization, is committed to equipping lay people, pastors, church leaders, and those with a specific call to reach lost and hurting people with the gospel.
President and Founder, Rev. Brian M. Kelly, Ph.D. has been an “equipping” evangelist, pastor, and professor for over 30 years. We would be delighted to partner with you for the furtherance of God’s kingdom in whatever capacity the Spirit so leads. You may learn more about his academic pursuits at www.drbriankelly.com.
To read testimonials about Dr. Kelly and his ministry click here, Learn more …
Access Dr. Kelly’s personal testimony here – Click on the icon below to download/view:
Mark Leiss has been a real estate broker for decades – click here to learn more about Mark’s business pursuits. He is also very active in the Gideons International involved in Scripture distribution around the world. He has a wealth of fund-raising and business experience as well as many years of non-profit and church leadership. He holds an MBA from Oral Roberts University.
Tim Frank, of Frank Marketers, a self employed entrepreneur since 1969, has been a long-time student of internet marketing working with small and large firms driving traffic to their websites. A graduate of Iowa State University with a degree in psychology, he has a passion for leading worship and helping the church take a fresh look at its role in the community.
Dr. Steve Fettke, has been a Professor of Religion at Southeastern University since 1979. He holds three seminary degrees: An M.Div. from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, a Th.M. and a D.Min. from Columbia Theological Seminary. His passion is for Pentecostal empowerment and discipleship. He is an ordained minister with the Assemblies of God.
Rev. Joseph Ocasio, is the Director of Hispanic Ministry Programs at the Western Theological Seminary in Holland, MI. He holds a Masters in Ministerial Leadership from Southeastern University, and an M.B.A in Management and Marketing from the University of South Florida. Joe has been very active in the local church as a pastor and is an ordained minister in the Assemblies of God.
Our vision: Assessing, recruiting, equipping, and mobilizing
Barnabas Missions Unlimited is committed to identify lay people, pastors, and those with a specific call to the work of the evangelist to reach the lost with the Gospel. Toward those efforts, we…
- develop and implement online survey instruments to help ordinary believers assess their personal gifting in evangelism
- through online surveys tailored for such use we help pastors identify the people in their congregation gifted as potential ministers of evangelism.
- provide online survey capabilities to help church leaders assess their congregation’s best outreach alignment
- provide spiritual oversight and accountability for those involved with BMU.
Because the harvest is plentiful but the workers are few, we need to raise up…
- equipping evangelists, called to serve the Church as Ministers of Evangelism in either an ordained or lay capacity.
- missionary evangelists, willing to dedicate a year or more to evangelistic work in local churches across the Americas.
- sponsoring churches dedicated to working with both the equipping and missionary evangelists to reach the lost of their communities.
- supporting Christians, willing to share in God’s financial provision to help BMU complete its mission to the lost of the world.
To help equip the body of Christ to be better at sharing their journey with others we provide…
- standardized curriculum, materials and methodologies, which we develop to help persons more effectively share their faith.
- assist in the production of evangelism curriculum, literature, and training materials for use in both local and foreign mission fields.
- seminars, conferences, workshops and symposiums are sponsored in conjunction with theological institutions, local churches, and parachurch organizations to provide fundamental teaching in both the theology and practice of evangelism.
- pratical hands-on training in personal evangelism techniques, which we provide in both the small group and classroom setting to assist Christians in learning how to more effectively share their faith in the church, at home and in the marketplace.
- Centers for Effective Evangelism, which will be established across North America to help train clergy and lay persons toward establishing a lifestyle of evangelism for the ordinary Christian.
We believe it is imperative for the body of Christ to work together to see God’s purposes realized in this world by…
- financially supporting young men and women engaged in short-term missions work around that world that involves evangelistic endeavors in those mission contexts.
- encouraging, through promotional and educational literature (i.e.; newsletters, brochures, tracts, etc.) continual involvement in evangelism efforts by the Body of Christ around the world.
- establishing, with existing academic institutions, regional Centers for Effective Evangelism across the Americas.
- organize and promote both long term and short-term mission efforts to various parts of the world by providing planning resources, leadership skills/training, fund raising activities, and overall sponsorship of such endeavors.
- support the theological education of students desiring to enter ordained ministry upon completion of their studies with scholarship assistance toward tuition expenses.
*Six Critical Questions for Organizational Health:
1. Why do we exist? – To help ordinary believers bring others to Jesus and help empower a lifestyle of evangelism.
2. How do we behave? – We have 5 core values – 1) Redemptive focus in all activity, 2) Christ-likeness in all we do, 3) Faithful stewards of all finances, 4) Professionalism in all our relationships, and 5) Spirit-led in all our decisions.
3. What do we do? – In individual, as well as church/parachurch settings we help leaders: 1) Assess current situations 2) Recruit key personnel and resources, 3) Equip/train the right people, 4) Mobilize/Implement for maximum impact.
4. How will we succeed? – By connecting with those who need our services and helping them to fulfill their mission.
5. What is most important, right now? – Complete our website to offer the cyber-resources foundational to our mission.
6. Who must do what? – President/founder and partners will connect with individuals/churches/para-churches to accomplish our mission.
* Taken from Patrick Lencioni’s The Advantage (Jossey-Bass, 2012) 77.
Help Support Barnabas Missions
Barnabas Missions makes a number of resources available free for use in downloading to further your evangelism, assessment, and outreach efforts. But the gospel while freeing- “the one who the Son sets free is free indeed” (Jn. 8:36) spreading the gospel always costs something either in time, effort, finances, prayer, etc.
If you would like to support our efforts at Barnabas Missions, we covet your prayers. We also want to pray for you or other’s needs. Please send prayer requests to email@example.com.
If you would like to support us financially through either a one-time donation or on a regularly monthly basis just click on the Donation button below and you will be directed to PayPal to make the contribution. All contributions to Barnabas Missions are tax-deductible as a 501(c)3 non-profit religious organization.